POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Unofficial version requirement bug with julia_fractal? : Re: Unofficial version requirement bug with julia_fractal? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unofficial version requirement bug with julia_fractal?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 9 Oct 2000 16:55:23
Message: <tfb4usgqjd2afr52nkinqibb3042b7if94@4ax.com>
On 9 Oct 2000 09:32:54 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  I haven't tried with the latest, but at least with megapov 0.5a if I try
>to make a julia_fractal like:
>
>julia_fractal
>{ <.1,.2,-.3,.4>
>  quaternion sqr
>  max_iteration 5
>  slice <1,1,1,1>, 0
>}
>
>megapov says:
>
>error: This feature requires MegaPov 0.3.
>Specify '#version unofficial MegaPov 0.5;' IN THIS FILE to enable this feature.
>
>  It should not require it because it works in the official povray.

Confirmed, I encountered this bug about a week ago when I played with
some julias (someone required a croissant :) ) but just worked around
it and forgot to report it to Nathan. It's the 'sqr' that confuses the
parser, prolly has something to do with the function parser.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet