POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Simple box with beveled edges in Moray : Re: Simple box with beveled edges in Moray Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:47:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple box with beveled edges in Moray
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 18 Jan 2002 12:09:36
Message: <telg4uoejv0lbdeiq0vbdaoibdatqug0q2@4ax.com>
Hi Mitchell Waite, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> is that I can't seem to see how to control the angle of the bevel once I
> scale the sweep to a full rectangle.
Hmmm, not sure I understand. Are you saying that you scale the
translational sweep? If you do this, you need to scale it uniformly
(all scale components must be the same) otherwise the bevel will not
be 45 degrees.
If the cutout is not rectangular, you need to use the Sweep Editor to
make the translational sweep the final shape of the cutout, or at
least it should have the correct 'aspect ratio' so that you do final
uniform scaling to place it properly.

You would have the same problem with the other methods.

Why are the scale numbers on new_base negative?

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray