POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Bright Spot aka Fire Fly : Re: Bright Spot aka Fire Fly Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bright Spot aka Fire Fly
From: Peter Popov
Date: 1 Jul 2000 16:53:24
Message: <tamsls8enlpmpfoimurarfdkmktofhp1pk@4ax.com>
On Sat, 1 Jul 2000 16:17:16 -0400, "Heather Pinnix"
<hjp### [at] mindspringcom> wrote:

>I'm trying to make a bright yellow glowing spot.
>I've tried a sphere to and emitting yellow media, and a point light in
>a sphere.

Emitting media should work. Was your container object hollow? Try
something like

sphere
{ 0, 1
  pigment { rgbf 1 }
  interior
  { media { emission Yellow absorption Blue density { spherical } }
}

You can also try to do it with a lens flare using Chris or Nathan's
include files.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet