POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : abyss.pov freeze =[ : Re: abyss.pov freeze =[ Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:10:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: abyss.pov freeze =[
From: Mike Williams
Date: 5 Jan 2002 04:19:22
Message: <tXvs6CACRsN8EwF7@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Ryan Mooney who wrote:

>abyss.pov will freeze when rendered... also...

Is that repeatable? Does it still freeze if you run it again after a
reboot? It works fine on my machine.

>what is all the garbaldeegook spit out by the message window...???

This has been already logged as

   Re: Known Bugs 24 Dec 2001 (beta 9)
   (garbage text in Mac message window)
   http://news.povray.org/3C2A7123.E923B0B4@spiritone.com

and is scheduled to be fixed in the next beta.

>And why will 3.5 not render my functions from mega 0.7 is there a new
>syntax...

The syntax has changed.

POV 3.5 is not MegaPOV.

Either read the 3.5 documentation thoroughly or take a quick look at the
"Differences between MegaPOV and POV 3.5" page of my Isosurface tutorial
<http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/pov35.htm>

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure