POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : 3D Mesh Painting Software : Re: 3D Mesh Painting Software Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:08:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Mesh Painting Software
From: Kyle
Date: 31 Aug 2006 19:18:59
Message: <t9ref25h71prfnodiu1rf0aevjk437souq@4ax.com>
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:28:35 -0600, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>I've not tried it, but I understand that there's a way to "unwrap" a mesh
>in Blender (which can import Wavefront obj files, which Wings can export)
>so you can paint it with something like the Gimp or other similar tools.
>
>Jim

Ahh, yes.  Blender, the powerful app with the wacky, frustrating interface.  I've had
it installed
on my system for about a year now, but I've only given it about 1/2 hour of usage
time, due 100% to
its unconventional interface.  Maybe I'll fire it up again and see what I can figure
out.  Or, maybe
I'll just finally uninstall it.  :-)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Kyle