POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) : Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert Landscape take 3 (89kbu)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 17 Mar 2002 02:04:35
Message: <t9f89u027ecn9eqe84h1vlkjk88qibf0jm@4ax.com>
On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 00:59:02 +0100, "Rune"
<run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:

>Any suggestions for improvements (texture-wise or otherwise)?

The clouds don't look like what you'd see in a desert, more like
typical continental rain clouds. Try the famous "web of fate" (I think
this is how they call in Swahili) which can be seen before a sand
storm. Long streaks of thin dark clouds, scarlet above, fading to dark
gray and black at the horizon. The whole cloud layer is shaped like a
giant horseshoe rotated slightly about its axis of symmetry, with the
whirlwind forming at the lower end.

You can try putting some cacti... maybe if you shift the setting it a
little more towards night time, you can have the cacti glow as well --
the most certain sign of an oncoming storm. That, and a night version
of the clouds.

A single vulture perching on a rock in the mid-distance could bring a
lot more to the picture than what I described above. Easier to do,
too.  <g>

And by all means, render a version with either the spherical or
cylindrical camera... you know, for us cheaters :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg