POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Suggestion: particles : Re: Suggestion: particles Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion: particles
From: Alan Kong
Date: 18 Oct 2000 15:19:05
Message: <t1trusc4faphi34ko78v8i48012ubj7rbu@4ax.com>
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:35:24 -0400 "Greg M. Johnson"
<"gregj;-()"@aol.c;-()om> wrote:

>#declare sarcasm=on;
>
>Shouldn't we simply tell those with the archaic readers simply to upgrade to

>cannot read a bleeding edge video format.
>
>#declare sarcasm=off;

  No, Greg, it's simpler to ask that we extend the courtesy of posting
in a format (or sans format, actually) that can be read with *any*
newsreader, be it Netscape, MSIE, Agent, or slrn. HTML is fine for Web
pages and (arguably) software documentation but there are really few
benefits (specified fonts, colored text) I can think of for posting HTML
on a news server.

>I would argue for a common courtesy codec for posting images and videos as
>well.

  For example?