POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hydraulics (141 kbu) : Re: Hydraulics (141 kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hydraulics (141 kbu)
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 4 Jul 2001 07:06:34
Message: <sst5ktonu6m67dvf5d8bkn6pdvqrer7cpm@4ax.com>
On Wed, 04 Jul 2001 10:45:33 +0200, Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:

>Have you thought about placing the equipment on some base rather than
>directly on the water?  I would also try removing reflection or making it

Yeah, I have. I've been thinking about wooden planks or rock.

>blurred on the painted parts, that would also make them better to
>distinguish from the polished metal.

Nothing is painted actually, except the motor for the winch and crane.
I'm not happy with the textures yet. It should be aluminum, rubbed
with a "rondel" as we call it. Pretty tough to texture because of the
irregularities and anisotropic reflectiveness.

sig
--
ICQ 74734588