POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : wiki.povray.org : Re: wiki.povray.org Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wiki.povray.org
From: jgentry
Date: 28 Nov 2007 16:33:53
Message: <slrnfkrnm0.4ag.jgentry@localhost.localdomain>
On 2007-11-28, Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> If you are serious about contributing, a login should be no burden at all.
>
> Think about it, please: If, on the other hand you don't really care about
> contributing, the work someone else needs to put into cleaning out the spam
> caused by anonymous logins would outweigh the few anonymous contributions.
> Thus, the overall net gain of anonymous logins is negative...
>
> 	Thorsten

I agree.  The signal to noise ratio needs to be kept to a minimum,
especially on things people might use for reference like a wiki.
For example, me.  I'll be using it alot I would bet.  Though I've used
Pov for years, I still need all the help I can get.  Especially with
lighting.  Hint, hint.

At any rate, passwords do help to keep down the riff-raff to some extent
and has been mentioned, Firefox will help to minimize the trouble.  IE
will do this as well.

As a potential user, I'd appreciate it.

-->Jeff