POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sky slime : Re: sky slime Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:23:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sky slime
From: Jettero Heller
Date: 10 Sep 2003 15:13:18
Message: <slrnblutqq.1hn.povfan@corky.voltar-confed.org>
> Look for info on the map_type keyword for spherical mapping. =)

Doh!  OK, that's way more better.  It's hard for me to tell
what's happening here...  And the documentation isn't terribly
specific about how it maps the image onto the sphere.

Since the image is 9000x4500, I had guessed I want a radius of
4500.  It looks great, but I probably want something more like
9000 around?  9000 = 2pir so I want a radius of 9000/2*pi?

I suppose I could make a test image that's 9000x4500 that has
little obvious test patterns in each corner such that I could try
to guess what's going on...  But I suspect you'll give me a hint.

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
47 jumps, 13.2 minutes of freefall, 27.3 ff vertical miles.