POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: "Plasma Machine" [1 image, ~ 500KB] : Re: "Plasma Machine" Server Time
14 Aug 2024 17:57:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Plasma Machine"
From: Safari
Date: 29 Oct 2002 16:34:04
Message: <slrnartvmc.3gc.y7pt9001@safari.homelinux.net>
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:05:35 +0200, Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftcom> wrote:

> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3db6eeb3@news.povray.org...
>>      Andrew, please see your image in attached .jpg format. The filesize for this
>> image is ok for this group, 600+ isn't. Why is it that you can't produce your
>> images in the .jpg format? Many people, (including myself), still have dial-up and
>> it takes some time to download, so consequently, some won't even try to download
>> it.
>>

> Also try testing different programs and compression settings. The attached JPEG
> uses progressive encoding, is more than 25KB smaller than Steves but shows a
> better quality with less artefacts.
> And BTW most programs are also able to get a higher compression ratio for
> PNG images as POV does, and almost every program can produce smaller
> PNG files than Photoshop.

and with pngcrush you can recompress png files to get the smallest
possible file size
http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pmt/

-brute (Use brute-force, try 114 different methods [11-124])
but usually brute-force is not needed ;)

--
Safari - y7p### [at] sneakemailcom
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds