POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Re: Pyvon Linux editor : Re: Pyvon Linux editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon Linux editor
From: Steve
Date: 28 May 2002 20:40:22
Message: <slrnaf88pb.ro0.steve@zeropps.org.uk>
On Tue, 28 May 2002 23:49:37 +0200, Fabien wrote:
> I have posted the latest release of Pyvon at p.b.utilities
> Beware it's now 127 Kb large.
>
> Any comments welcomed.

I like the improvements, but get the following command line error:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1292, in __call__
    return apply(self.func, args)
  File "./pyvon.py", line 1289, in Backspace
    self.fontify()
  File "./pyvon.py", line 774, in fontify
    pos_actu=str(string.join((Ligne, column),'.')) # 1.7
NameError: global name 'Ligne' is not defined

This error only happened on the first run.

There are problems with the barcket/block highlighting, the braces stay
highlighted even when I move the cursor to a different block and start
working there, I don't like having to turn this highlighting off manually.

Other things I'd want, a block cursor (which they still don't have in the
Windows version of POV for some reason), I'd also like it to remember
the scene I was last working on and open it automatically, or at least
remember which directory it was in and open the file selector in that
directory as default.

PC editing and selction keys don't seem to work properly, Ctrl-Ins seems
to mark the way I'd expect, then I move down and do a Shift-Ins and nothing
happens?

The key combinations that you have chosen for editing will be confusing
for windows users, they're confusing enough to me.

When text has been marked it changes colour and for some reason remains
that new (random) colour.

And why won't the window maximise to the full size of the screen?

I like the insert menu.

Whatever the problem was with the command dialog box and status line
seems to have gone away with this release.

If you get stuck for a web page I could put it on one of my pages, it's
only a small binary at the moment, it'd fit quite nicely next to PovMenu,
you could have a screen shot too.

Hope some of this helps.

--
#local i=.1;#local I=(i/i)/i;#local l=(i+i)/i;#local ll=(I/i)/l;box{<-ll,
-((I/I)+l),-ll><ll,-l,ll>pigment{checker scale l}finish{ambient((I/l)/I)+