POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV Debugging : Re: POV Debugging Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Debugging
From: Ron Parker
Date: 11 Mar 2002 15:27:56
Message: <slrna8q4qf.9dp.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:25:32 -0800, pcb wrote:
> I also had failed to note the povray.newusers group which, I guess, is where
> one should ask for help.

Not necessarily.  But the point of Thorsten's post, which I think he perhaps
didn't make as clearly as he might have, is that the source code to the
POV-Ray renderer itself (in the C language) is available, and this newsgroup
is intended to be a place to discuss that.  This is not the newsgroup for
questions about actually using POV; it's for the people who want to modify
POV itself.

Questions about actually using POV should be directed to one of the groups
intended for that: povray.newusers, povray.general, or povray.advanced-users,
as appropriate.

The distinctions between groups can be found in the "Welcome to the POV
Newsgroups" post in the povray.frequently-asked-questions newsgroup (or
something like that; I can't look it up right now.)

As for your question, there are no debugging facilities built in to the
parser, except for the ability to output strings to the debug stream.  This
means you can't do breakpoints or single-stepping or any of the things you
might be used to in other languages.

Finally, please don't top-post, and please edit the posts to which you're
replying to the bare minimum necessary to keep the context you need for
your comments.  More information on newsgroup etiquette can be found in the
frequently-asked-questions group.

--
#local R=rgb 99;#local P=R-R;#local F=pigment{gradient x}box{0,1pigment{gradient
y pigment_map{[.5F pigment_map{[.3R][.3F color_map{[.15red 99][.15P]}rotate z*45