POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Narnia V3 WIP : Re: Narnia V3 WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Narnia V3 WIP
From: Ron Parker
Date: 5 Feb 2002 13:57:56
Message: <slrna60apm.3c3.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:09:32 -0500, Bill DeWitt wrote:

> "Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message
>> an image might help....
>
>     Very much gives me the feeling of the story, except that I always
> thought the lamppost was a little more surrounded by trees. I will have to
> read that again.

Indeed.  Too thick for horses, even.  And some distance from the wardrobe,
as well.

(spoiler warning...)

<<<
Lucy felt a little frightened, but she felt very inquisitive and excited
as well. She looked back over her shoulder and there, between the dark
tree trunks; she could still see the open doorway of the wardrobe and
even catch a glimpse of the empty room from which she had set out. (She
had, of course, left the door open, for she knew that it is a very silly
thing to shut oneself into a wardrobe.) It seemed to be still daylight
there. "I can always get back if anything goes wrong," thought Lucy. She
began to walk forward, crunch-crunch over the snow and through the wood
towards the other light. In about ten minutes she reached it and found
it was a lamp-post. As she stood looking at it, wondering why there was
a lamp-post in the middle of a wood and wondering what to do next, she
heard a pitter patter of feet coming towards her. And soon after that a
very strange person stepped out from among the trees into the light of
the lamp-post.

<<<
And they saw the stag enter into a thicket where their horses could not
follow. Then said King Peter (for they talked in quite a different style
now, having been Kings and Queens for so long), "Fair Consorts, let us
now alight from our horses and follow this beast into the thicket; for
in all my days I never hunted a nobler quarry."

"Sir," said the others, "even so let us do."

So they alighted and tied their horses to trees and went on into the thick
wood on foot. And as soon as they had entered it Queen Susan said,

"Fair friends, here is a great marvel, for I seem to see a tree of iron."

"Madam," said,King Edmund, "if you look well upon it you shall see it is a
pillar of iron with a lantern set on the top thereof."

--
#local R=<7084844682857967,0787982,826975826580>;#macro L(P)concat(#while(P)chr(
mod(P,100)),#local P=P/100;#end"")#end background{rgb 1}text{ttf L(R.x)L(R.y)0,0