POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : quartz : Re: quartz Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: quartz
From: Steve
Date: 11 Jan 2002 19:24:51
Message: <slrna3v0g1.qa3.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:30:17 -0700, Xplo Eristotle wrote:

>Nothing fancy here, just a couple chunks of quartz. Could probably have
>used more photons, but no matter.
>
>Future improvements, assuming I make any, might include milkiness and
>cracks/broken ends...

I've got a quartz crystal here that looks just like that, it's just as clear,
and as you say mine has some chipped edges.  On close inspection in the light it
has some small patches of milkiness.  If I had a digital camera I'd post a photo.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:19am  up 95 days, 16:08,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.13, 1.15