POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Linux Beta 9 now available : KPOVModeler (Was: Re: Linux Beta 9 now available) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  KPOVModeler (Was: Re: Linux Beta 9 now available)
From: Steve Oxley
Date: 10 Jan 2002 17:38:41
Message: <slrna3s5vd.7bn.Stephen.Oxley@midgard.its.monash.edu.au>
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:59:27 +1100, Daniel Matthews wrote:
> Thanks, I'm running it now via the latest KPOVModeler (0.1)

What did you do to get this to compile?  I grabbed the source tar-ball
(not the CVS stuff), and totally failed to get it compiled.

From what I recall, it was totally failing to use the correct Qt libraries
- it was wanting to use libqt instead of libqt-gl, and nothing I could
do would convince it otherwise... :-(  (And yes, I tried various options
to ./configure, even editting the ./configure script and all the
Makefiles failed to get it going.  Even typing in the final link command
(all 8 to 10 lines of it!) failed.)

Can you spare any pointers or clues?

Steve

--
ObRandomCynicalComment:
  Press every key to continue.

Stephen Oxley, Shared Systems Section,
Room G44, Building 28, Clayton Campus
Monash University, Victoria, Australia, 3800