POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cobra Mk III : Re: Cobra Mk III Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:08:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cobra Mk III
From: Steve Oxley
Date: 16 Dec 2001 17:34:33
Message: <slrna1q8bp.v1s.viking@midgard.its.monash.edu.au>
Morning all,

On 14 Dec 2001 17:55:30 -0500, Steve wrote:
[...]
> My ship's over on the win machine so I don't get to play out much these days,
> they sould make a UNIX version.

If you've been reading alt.fan.elite, you'd be aware of the couple of
source-available Elite ports.

First is 'Elite: The New Kind' by Christian Pender - a
reverse-engineering of the Archimedes or BBC Elite, and then there is
something called 'JJFFE', which appears to be a reverse-engineering of
Elite: First Encounters.

But what I'd like is a Unix / Linux port of Frontier: Elite 2.

> Cheers
> Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

(Another) Steve

--
ObCynicalComment:
  Actually, Microsoft is sort of a mixture between the Borg and the

Stephen Oxley, Shared Systems Section,
Room G44, Building 28, Clayton Campus
Monash University, Victoria, Australia, 3800