POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : News group hints? : Re: News group hints? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: News group hints?
From: Steve
Date: 20 Nov 2001 13:22:59
Message: <slrn9vl7qj.9cr.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:51:30 -0800, Ken wrote:

>POV-Ray Specific Groups
>=======================
>
>povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions -- The FAQ group.
>
>       New users and new visitors: Go here first!
>[Note: posting in the announcement group is not permitted.]
>
>povray.general              -- General discussions about POV-Ray
>povray.windows              -- Discussion of the Windows versions of POV-Ray
>povray.macintosh            -- Discussion of the Apple Macintosh versions of POV-Ray
>povray.unix                 -- Discussion of the Unix versions of POV-Ray
>povray.msdos                -- Discussion of the MS-DOS version of POV-Ray
>povray.bugreports           -- Bug reporting area - Moderated (*See bug reports
notice)
>povray.newusers             -- New user discussion area
>povray.advanced-users       -- Advanced user discussion area
>povray.off-topic            -- Discussion of off-topics not related to POV-Ray
>povray.animations           -- Discussion of animation projects and techniques.
*povray.international         -- General discussions about POV-Ray in your own [non
English] language.
>povray.programming          -- Programming with POV (incl. GUI Extensions)
>povray.unofficial.patches   -- Discussion about unofficial patches and versions of
POV
>povray.text.tutorials       -- POV-Ray tutorials in text form
>povray.text.scene-files     -- Scene files (as long as they're human-readable)
>povray.binaries.images      -- Posting of rendered images here is OK
*povray.binaries.international -- Images/binaries relating to discussions in
povray.international.
>povray.binaries.scene-files -- POV-Ray scene files (plain text or zipped attachments)
>povray.binaries.utilities   -- POV-Ray utilities and announcements of new programs
>povray.binaries.tutorials   -- POV-Ray tutorials in binary form
>povray.binaries.animations  -- Animations in binary form
>povray.binaries.programming -- For exchanging of source code in binary form

* I'm sure that Ken can come up with a better description when he updates his
documentation.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  6:17pm  up 43 days, 10:01,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00