POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Linux GUI for POV 3.5? : Re: Linux GUI for POV 3.5? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux GUI for POV 3.5?
From: Steve
Date: 27 Oct 2001 18:37:22
Message: <slrn9tmdbh.mjb.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 08:33:01 -0400, October wrote:
>In article <3b8abdcc@news.povray.org>, "Sebastian Holtermann"
><Van### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>
>> Will there be a GUI for XWindows in Povray 3.5? (Maybe Gtk/Qt/etc.)
>

>I don't mind using emacs, vim, or any other text editor to make my pov
>files but I still find one advantage in using (WINE) pov-win:  The
>shortcut lists!  It is sooooo nice to be able to add (insert
>object/texture/camera/etc. here) with only a couple of mouse clicks and
>in most cases the inserted code includes commented-out options that I
>otherwise might have completely forgotten about.
>
>This is what I would most want in an "official gui" for pov-*nix.  A
>mouse clickable interface with the full contents of the drop down lists
>from the pov-win binaries.  And hey, the little preview images in 3.5 are
>sweet too, although not nearly as essential.
>
>IS there a way to create something like this for emacs/vim/other?

I started doing this about a year or so ago, I actually had it working
but made some changes and never got back to putting it into a
working state again.   Maybe I'll resume work on it and make it fit
for public use.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:28pm  up 19 days, 14:09,  1 user,  load average: 1.01, 1.02, 1.00