POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs? : Re: Known bugs? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known bugs?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 25 Sep 2001 17:05:55
Message: <slrn9r1sdl.5ps.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:02:49 +0200, Rune wrote:
>"Ron Parker" wrote:
>> Want me to send you the list of messages in this
>> newsgroup that I have marked unread?
>
>Yes please (the list of messages, not the messages themselves)
>
>> That's my list of known (or at least reported but not
>> yet investigated) bugs.
>
>I don't think it can be expected of all the beta testers to do something
>similar on their own. If I compile the messages from the list you send me
>into a list of known bugs, would it be possible that someone from the Team
>could update it as new beta versions are released?

The problem with this approach is that my list of known bugs is not complete.
It doesn't contain things that have been fixed but haven't made their way
into a beta yet.  It always will be incomplete in this way, so it's not
useful to anyone but me.

Ideally, we would put all of the bugs into our bug tracking system and this
wouldn't be a difficult task, but of late it's been easier to just fix them
as we duplicate and identify them.  (For example, 3 of the bugs I fixed last
night were easier to fix than they would have been to put in the tracking
system.)

I think Thorsten's right: the list of known bugs is everything in this group
that hasn't been addressed in the list of changes for a beta.

--
plane{-z,-3normal{crackle scale.2#local a=5;#while(a)warp{repeat x flip x}rotate
z*60#local a=a-1;#end translate-9*x}pigment{rgb 1}}light_source{-9red 1rotate 60