POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Making shadows and making more visible wall texture : Re: Making shadows and making more visible wall texture Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making shadows and making more visible wall texture
From: Steve
Date: 7 Sep 2001 17:33:34
Message: <slrn9pif7n.s4t.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:42:38 -0500, Wade wrote:
>How do I make shadows?  How do I make my wall texture more visible?  Here's
>my code:
>
>#include "colors.inc"
>#include "woods.inc"
>

>background {color White}
>
>light_source{
> 0*x
> color White*1.1
> area_light

Have a read of the docs on what area_lights do.

At the moment you havn't got anything that would cast
much of a shadow, only the walls and the floor.  Really
you want the walls and floor to be illuminated.

Remove the area light code from your light and put a
sperer at <0,2,0> and you should see it's shadow.

Hope some of that helps.

PS: I always use MidnightBlue for my background, but I suppose it's
a matter of taste.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 10:27pm  up 56 days, 33 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.24, 1.35