POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My First WIP (take #1) : Re: My First WIP (take #1) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 18:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My First WIP (take #1)
From: Steve
Date: 5 Sep 2001 17:32:36
Message: <slrn9pd681.lua.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:15:12 -0500, Wade wrote:
>I'm thinking about making this empty room into a formal home office/library
>for a writer.  Knowing that, should I use a dark hardwood floor or light
>hardwood floor?  I'm going to use a lighter shade of the walls' color on the
>ceiling.
>
>I would appreciate any suggestions or all suggestion.

While the scene is at such an early stage I'd suggest you try out a few
wood textures, then decide which you think looks best.

For big things like floor, walls, ceilling  I tend to leave those textures
untill the end, and let the mood be dictated by the objects of interest in
the scene rather than finding a nice floor and then trying to make everying
else fit in with the floor.

It's a good idea to work on your image untill you can't take it any further
by yourself and then post a WIP and ask for suggestions.  The folks around
here usually come up with really good ideas that I'd never have thought of.

Keep up the good work.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 10:24pm  up 54 days, 29 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.13, 1.03, 1.01