POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT] : Re: Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT] Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT]
From: Steve
Date: 3 Sep 2001 16:22:22
Message: <slrn9p7onq.h3r.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 03 Sep 2001 10:05:26 +0200, Adrien Beau wrote:

>>   Welcome to VI!
>>
>>   To quit this program, press any key. Then type "emacs" and hit
>>   return.
>
>Actually the screen is almost what you describe. There's no mention
>of the Other Editor, however.

In my version it has:
~
~                                            VIM - Vi IMproved
~
~                                             version 5.6.11
~                                        by Bram Moolenaar et al.
~
~                                       Vim is freely distributable
~                             type  :help uganda<Enter>     if you like Vim
~
~                             type  :q<Enter>               to exit
~                             type  :help<Enter>  or  <F1>  for on-line help
~                             type  :help version5<Enter>   for version info
~                             type  :!emacs &               to do some real work
~

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  9:02pm  up 51 days, 23:08,  2 users,  load average: 1.08, 1.03, 1.01