POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT] : Re: Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT] Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vim 6.0 in final beta [OT]
From: Steve
Date: 31 Aug 2001 20:49:38
Message: <slrn9p01pi.63d.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:35:50 +0200, Adrien Beau wrote:
>Ole Laursen wrote:
>>
>> So let us reply: from the POV of a VI user, Emacs is of course so much
>> more user-friendly that it must seem like a WYSIWYG system. I mean,
>> with Emacs you can actually edit documents [1].
>
>Once it has finished loading, that is. But I guess every EMACS user
>has a 1 GHz proc, 1 GB mem and 100 MB/sec harddrive, so it doesn't
>matter too much.

Not so, I only have a 266 with 224 M RAM, and don't find emacs a drain.
Sometimes when I've had the same large file open for about five days or
more emacs can get a bit sluggish, but closing it and opening it again
solves the problem.   I'm not even sure that this is an emacs problem,
it could well be Netscape, as when this problem occurs I tend to shut
all open windows and restart X.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 10:44pm  up 49 days, 49 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.03, 1.05