POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Avi/Mpeg encoder for linux : Re: Avi/Mpeg encoder for linux Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avi/Mpeg encoder for linux
From: Mika Boström
Date: 22 Aug 2001 18:29:40
Message: <slrn9o8cik.jsa.bostik.no@odin.lnet.lut.fi>
In article <3b827979@news.povray.org>, Sebastian Holtermann wrote:
> Hi there
> Does anyone know a working ;-) Avi/Mpeg encoder for linux that takes
> tgas,pngs or something povray can create as input?
>
> I would like to use it from a render script or so...

  Hmm, ImageMagick and especially the convert tool in it can create mpeg1
files. If you have all the frame stills [pic00001-pic99999].(jpg|png) in one
directory, simply calling 'convert *.(jpg|png) animation.mpg' will do the
trick.

  Of course, you need the proper mpeg libraries - but you knew that already
:)

--

 Bos### [at] lutfi    www.lut.fi/~bostik  X    and all the devils
 Security freak, and proud of it.    /-\   are here." -W.S.