POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Plants & radiosity (100k) : Re: WIP Plants & radiosity (100k) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 22:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Plants & radiosity (100k)
From: Steve
Date: 4 Aug 2001 20:35:32
Message: <slrn9mp52c.hjj.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sun, 05 Aug 2001 01:49:27 +0300, Kari Kivisalo wrote:

>Test with dummy plant and tank textures. I want to fit in a pump,
>wires, pipes, switch boxes and a lamp so I'm going to widen the
>image and maybe change some proportions within the scene.
>Those tanks looked pretty good 20% bigger. Plants from PlantStudio2.
>They have no colors because none of the converters can export them
>to pov mesh. 4 different species at 3 stages of growth. I wanted to
>see how the plants look before I edit about 100 textures for them.

This looks quite stunning, you need pipes between those tanks, and pipes
going from the tanks into the wall etc.

The texture of the tanks looks like fairly new paint compared with the
old weathered textures of everything else in the scene.

The plants are excelent as they are I think eventhough you say they're
all the same colour, I didn't notice that.

Nice work, keep us posted.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:30am  up 22 days,  3:33,  2 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.03, 1.00