POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Whilst working on a Friday Abstract (30KBbu) - fa200124.jpg : Re: Whilst working on a Friday Abstract (30KBbu) - fa200124.jpg Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:13:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whilst working on a Friday Abstract (30KBbu) - fa200124.jpg
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 14 Jun 2001 18:02:05
Message: <slrn9ii77t.ocq.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On 2001-06-14 07:26, Simen Kvaal <sim### [at] remove_mestudentmatnatuiono> wrote:
> Ben Lauritzen wrote:
>>
>> >But you're cheating, it's only Thursday.
>>
>> last I checked, it was still wednesday, but that's just me
>>

> See attached image. Does all newsgroup-messages display in local time at
> arrival? I've always wondered, and that must be the only explanation.

Depends on your newsreader. Some convert the time in the date header of
the message (which is always local time of the sender[1] plus time zone) to
local time, some don't (and for some its a configurable option).

	hp

[1] Actually, it is often the server which generates the Date header,
not the client, so "sender" has to be taken with a grain of salt.

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Und *da* wurde also die Demokratie