POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water tunnel final (134k) : Re: water tunnel final (134k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water tunnel final (134k)
From: Steve
Date: 8 Jun 2001 15:16:51
Message: <slrn9i242a.uqi.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:19:54 -0700, Ryan Constantine wrote:
>mine rarely comes on.  it gives me a slide show of pics in a folder.  i
>use it mostly for inspiration and enjoyment.  it's like going to an art
>museum without leaving my comfy chair.  i mean, don't you just love to
>look at awesome 3d art?  sometimes i even go to the desktop properties
>and start the screen saver in preview mode.  so i'm wondering, if you
>aren't rendering an image, and you go away from your computer for
>several minutes (to eat or 'rest' in the rest room), what else is your
>computer going to do?  do you have the seti thing?  curious minds want
>to know.

There are many distributed computing projects, such as gimps "The Great
Internet Mersenne Prime Search", and they have many other non profit
research projects listed on their websit that are always looking for
processing help:

  http://www.mersenne.org/

There is a reward of something like $100,000 for finding the next Mersenne
Prime.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  6:42pm  up 126 days, 19:32,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.01, 1.00