POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Terrain? : Re: Terrain? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Terrain?
From: Steve
Date: 2 Jun 2001 10:44:29
Message: <slrn9hhlrc.98e.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>

>Hi,
>i made a more or less natural looking model of the lighthouse of Blavand
>in Denmark. Now i want to make the terrain (hills, grass, bushes etc.,
>cliff ), but i don't know, how to do. I tried making a heightfield with
>wilbur. It works so far but is miles away from that, what i want looking
>it. I`m mostly using Moray. Tried to attach grass with the grass plugin
>from Keith (?). But how can i project the grass to the heightfield? Is
>it better using isosurfaces? (i`m not familliar with that, but i think i
>have to start working with that).

For placing grass you probably want the trace function, have a look in
the news groups povray.texc.scene-files, and povray.binaries.scene-files
for some examples of how other people do it.  You're probably going to
have to manually edit your pov file to get the results that you're after.

>Perhaps someone can guide me to some links that can help  me a bit with
>that problem?

There are others around here thant know more about this than myself, so
no doubt you'll get some better answers than this:-)

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:04pm  up 120 days, 13:53,  2 users,  load average: 1.40, 1.25, 1.11