POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov error whith skyvase.pov : Re: Megapov error whith skyvase.pov Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov error whith skyvase.pov
From: Steve
Date: 28 May 2001 10:48:35
Message: <slrn9h4p8b.oer.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 28 May 2001 06:10:45 -0700, Ken wrote:

>> /usr/local/lib/povray31/include/textures.inc:335: error: No matching } in pigment,
* found
>> instead.

>My official version of skyvase does not have "pigment { FBM_Clouds }"
>clouds anywhere in the file. You are probably using a custom version
>of the file. Anyway you cannot have a finish statement, declared or
>otherwise, within a pigment statement which would explain the error
>message.

It renders fine in standard 3.1g, and no mention of { FBM_Clouds } in my
copy.  I've just rendered a scene with textures.inc included, but get no
errors.  Here is what FBM_Clouds looks like in textures.inc:

#declare FBM_Clouds =
pigment {
    bozo
    turbulence 0.65
    octaves 6
    omega 0.7
    lambda 2
    color_map {
        [0.0 rgb 0.85]
        [0.1 rgb 0.75]
        [0.5 rgb 0.75]
        [0.5 rgbf <1,1,1,1>]
    }
scale <6, 1, 6>
}

None of the textures/pigments called from textures.inc include this pigment.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  3:20pm  up 115 days, 16:09,  2 users,  load average: 1.18, 1.16, 1.10