POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Help me install pov : Re: Help me install pov Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help me install pov
From: Steve
Date: 21 May 2001 18:30:26
Message: <slrn9gj5hd.57c.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Tue, 22 May 2001 06:15:04 -0300, delphy cadet wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I'm lost totally. I just finished install Linux (Red Hat) Ok.

[snip]

>So here I am. Can somebody point me to the right direction in order for
>me to install?

Hi Philippe

First open up an xterminal or you can use the console if you want.
You'll find an icon for an xterm in the menu system of the GUI that
you're using.

Go to your home directory:

$ cd
$ ls p*.tgz

And you'll see a listing of the povlinux.tgz file, if you don't then it's
somewhere else.

Now do:

$ tar -xzvf povlinux.tgz
$ cd povray31
$ su

You'll be prompted for the root password (you weren't already logged in
as root were you?), type in the root password and press enter, the prompt
should change from a $ to a # then type:

# ./install

And now you should be almost there, you will need your own .povrayrc file,
it talks about that in the README.linux file.

Hope that helps.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:06pm  up 108 days, 23:54,  2 users,  load average: 1.24, 1.24, 1.19