POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lightflow-inspired render WIP 2 (~11kau) : Re: Lightflow-inspired render WIP 2 (~11kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightflow-inspired render WIP 2 (~11kau)
From: Steve
Date: 17 May 2001 14:17:52
Message: <slrn9g7k7u.j5f.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Tue, 15 May 2001 19:07:22 -0600, Tony[B] wrote:
>Well, here it is, after 2 days, 17 hours, 40 minutes and 34 seconds. It uses
>50 samples for the focal blur, besides the photons and the heavy
>max_trace_level, and the machine was being used for other things, so I think
>that time is justified. This was meant to be a quick test-render for the
>final version, but I think it still needs work. It doesn't look much like
>the other one. Still needs a lot of tweaking. I think I'll be faking the
>focal blur with a post_process, among other things. I was wondering if
>anyone can tell me how you would do the pointy triangles of the crown. I
>think making it out of a couple thousand (<17k) spheres in a blob {} is a
>bad idea, isn't it? :\ Maybe an isosurface can do this just as well, or some
>fancy CSG. We'll see. Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions. :)

Blobs can have negative components you know.  Imagine how you'd make a circular
ashtray with CSG, a cylinder with the center taken out, and the a cylinder going
from left to right and one going from front to back, now use the same idea but
as a blob, one cylinder with all others negative, make the cut-out cylinders a
bit short so they don't go over the edge, and you get a nice smooth flowing
object.

I hope some of that made some sence.

I'm going to be doing a chess set for the blind when I've got all my current
"non pov", projects out of the way.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:57pm  up 104 days, 14:45,  2 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00