POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : watch (40 Kb) : Re: watch (40 Kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:15:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: watch (40 Kb)
From: Steve
Date: 17 Apr 2001 13:39:26
Message: <slrn9doei6.j32.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 21:33:00 -0700, David C. Jones wrote:

>I can't speak for Alberto, but for the animation that Josh and I did for the
>IRTC I made a 3D clock face.  Opposite of the stopwatch though, we turned
>that into an imagemap for what we needed to do with it.  Pic and code is
>below if you are interested.  A previous version of this used paper thin
>boxes instead of cylinders capped with spheres, but I wanted a more 3-D
>effect than what I had in the first round.

Interesting but:  the .pov file should be posted in one of the scene file
groups and the .bmp should have been something much smaller like a jpg of
that image would come out at a few K rather than the 225k bmp that you
posted.

There are reasons for my suggestions and they are described well in the
welcome message in the group povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  1:29pm  up 74 days, 14:14,  2 users,  load average: 1.20, 1.05, 1.02