POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : pov 4 sun : Re: pov 4 sun Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov 4 sun
From: Steve
Date: 9 Apr 2001 14:00:40
Message: <slrn9d3u4p.qkf.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 14:24:34 +0200, Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:
>I've got Sun Ultra Enterprse 450 with Solaris for one month test. I have to test
>my company software on this machine. I want install on it POV-Ray and MegaPOV
>and need/configure enviroment for writing scripts. Can anybody point me/help me
>anything ? I have no time to play with it just for fun and check different
>solutions. Remember that I'm complatly new in this environment.

What have you done so far?

Have you downloaded the tarballs for POV and MegaPOV?

When you say "scripts", do you mean POV files?

Does your current instalation of the OS contain X and
a window manager (Sun probably do one of their own, I'm
not sure, never seen it).

There are others who can probably help you more than I can
as I've never used a Sun system, but if you get really stuck
and can't get help anywhere else feel free to mail me or post
here.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  6:28pm  up 66 days, 19:12,  2 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.14, 1.13