POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass take 2 (103kbu) : Re: Grass take 2 (103kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass take 2 (103kbu)
From: Ron Parker
Date: 5 Apr 2001 11:33:08
Message: <slrn9cp41m.gnn.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001 22:53:12 -0400, buke9 wrote:
>I still think the grass looks great (I 'm going to make it a darker green).
>I think I need to make the grass stand up a little bit more other than that
>I think it's perfect. I don't know what to do about the gball I was thinking
>maybe blobs bbut I don't know. I will attach a real life pic that I took in
>my yard of a gball( a far cry from golfcourse turf but you can get the idea
>of the ball i'm trying to make). This pic took 4h32m on a 1200mhz AMD.

That's some fine grass.  I would expect the blades to be somewhat bigger
by comparison with the golf ball.

If you don't mind using a model you didn't create, you might want to just
borrow the golf ball code from my web page (URL below) and modify it as
necessary to fit your scene.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.