POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: Megapov MCP 0.7.0.1 : Re: Announce: Megapov MCP 0.7.0.1 Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Megapov MCP 0.7.0.1
From: Ron Parker
Date: 5 Mar 2001 09:08:51
Message: <slrn9a77fl.4td.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 14:38:39 +0100, Christoph Hormann wrote:

>"Tony[B]" wrote:
>>
>> It's interesting how many MegaPOV-based patches there are going around
>> now... for a long while there it was just MegaPOV and people's personal
>> compiles which quickly became part of MegaPOV...
>
>There was also a time before megapov, IIRC it combined a lot of single
>independant patches into one.

You do not recall correctly, if I may be so blunt.  MegaPOV is Nathan's
pile o' patches plus the late unlamented Superpatch, which combined lots of
single independent patches into one.  There was another patch prior to
that (and prior to 3.1 as well) which combined a half-dozen or so independent
patches as well, but I've forgotten its name.  When I made the first
Superpatch I picked over what was in the prior collection, but I didn't keep
everything.  Probably the single most important contribution I made with the
Superpatch was to port pre-3.1 patches to work with 3.1.

>Since Nathan Kopp and others seem to be quite busy these days, there were
>not many new additions in Megapov (0.7 was mainly bug fixes) in the last
>time.

Yeah, for some reason he seems to think the official 3.5 is more important.
Go figure.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.