POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stupid Question : Re: Stupid Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid Question
From: Ron Parker
Date: 22 Feb 2001 12:02:43
Message: <slrn99ahhk.qdv.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:48:16 -0000, Tom Melly wrote:
>I want to make a pigment of 3 mandelbrots, each one positioned differently,
>at different rotations and scales.
>
>I have my mandel pigs, but I can't work out how to lay them on top of each
>other.

Layered textures?

Alternatively, for some configurations of your mandel pigs, you could use
a radial or a gradient pigment with appropriate ugly transformations and
such.  Specifically, if they don't overlap and you can draw lines between
adjacent copies such that the three lines all meet at a single point, you
can use radial.  If they don't overlap and you can draw two parallel lines
between adjacent copies, you can use gradient.  But it'll be ugly, I
guarantee.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.