POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov bug : Re: megapov bug Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov bug
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 13 Feb 2001 18:02:48
Message: <slrn98jdps.b5d.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On 2001-02-13 14:39, Scott Hill <sco### [at] ncgraphicsnet> wrote:
>    The only benefit you get with a linked list is improved random access
>speeds.

Ah, no. You get better random access speed with a dynamic array (O(1)
vs. O(n)). You may get a faster time for an append operation with a
linked list, but that depends on how good your malloc implementation is.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | All Linux applications run on Solaris,
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | which is our implementation of Linux.