POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Object oriented POV scene language? : Re: Object oriented POV scene language? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object oriented POV scene language?
From: Ron Parker
Date: 8 Feb 2001 15:26:26
Message: <slrn98607k.64e.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:11:17 -0800, OpenMined wrote:
>Yes, a lame or maladjusted word processor might break code.   Just as that
>infernal LF-CR or CR-LF ordering which regularly rears its little ugly head
>in programming text widgets. But you will SURELY notice, eventually, and
>take the necessary steps to insure that your tools behave as needed.

The problem is that "eventually" part.  I'd rather not notice it after the
code has been sent to production.  And while it's fine to say "don't do that,
then" it's a lot harder to say that to an entire team of programmers plus an
assortment of random contractors.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.