POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a whole bunch of roses [273kb] : Re: a whole bunch of roses [273kb] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a whole bunch of roses [273kb]
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 4 Feb 2001 12:01:46
Message: <slrn97qtfd.hut.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On 2001-02-04 04:42, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>Warp wrote:
>>
>> Hugo <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:
>> : PNG's are not okay with me. Please don't use them.
>>
>>   Could you be more specific what is the problem with PNGs so that we could
>> perhaps find a solution for you?
>>   Being able to easily view PNGs is nowadays handy since PNGs are gaining
>> popularity.
>
>I have to spawn an external program to view PNGs as opposed to automatic
>inline viewing support in Netscape (this is a minor irritation).

Interesting. Netscape has had PNG support since early 4.0 releases,
IIRC. It doesn't support all features (e.g. no alpha channel, and I
think, no gamma correction), but should be able to display "normal" PNGs
about as well as JPGs.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | All Linux applications run on Solaris,
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | which is our implementation of Linux.