POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : not really a raytraing question but... : Re: not really a raytraing question but... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: not really a raytraing question but...
From: Ron Parker
Date: 3 Jan 2001 20:51:21
Message: <slrn957lot.biv.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On Wed, 03 Jan 2001 19:56:03 -0500, J Charter wrote:
>would be most grateful for the answer...
>
>I am running compiles in DOS from the "dosprompt" or "consol" that W98
>provides and I want to stream the compiler errors, which are normally
>written to the consol, to a file instead.  I know I used to do this once
>upon a time, but cannot remember what the switch is and cannot seem to
>turn it up in any books I have.  Can anyone be so kind ...

I don't think there's a way to do it in command.com.  If you were using
NT's cmd.exe, you could just add "2>errors.txt" to the end of the command
line.

If you're using cygwin, you might try using the bash shell that comes with
it and using the same 2> notation to redirect stderr.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.