POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Porting between versions : Re: Porting between versions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Porting between versions
From: Steve
Date: 11 Dec 2000 03:26:21
Message: <slrn9393s3.fib.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sun, 10 Dec 2000 20:08:25 -0700, Dawn McKnight wrote:
>Hi, gang.
>
>I normally use POV-Ray v3.1g for Macintosh, but because I need to render
>a bunch of images, and I figure the Sun Enterprise 220R at work is
>probably going to do that faster, and with less interference with my
>daily computer use, I've been trying to get that to work.
>
>I downloaded (with my sysop's assistance) the SunOS binary, and he
>installed it.  Now, it'll open the file and start to read it, but when
>it gets to my first #local definition, it complains.  I should note that
>this .inc file works fine under both Mac and Windows versions of POVRay.
>
>Is the #local statement not supported under the SunOS version, or is
>there a file that hasn't been properly installed, or.... what?

You might open the file in a text editor like vi and have a look
to see if it has Ctrl-M characters at the end of every line.

I think Warp uses a Sun so he'll be able to tell you of any system
specific issues.

There are others out there too who use Sun so you're not alone,
it may have been better to post this in the povray.unix group,
it may also be an idea to have a look in there to see if there's
been other occurences of the problem that you're having.

Is the include file in the same directory as the .pov file, or
is the include file in the include-file-path?

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  8:17am  up 61 days, 10:42,  3 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00