POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bamboo test 1. : Re: Bamboo test 1. Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bamboo test 1.
From: Steve
Date: 10 Dec 2000 13:01:46
Message: <slrn936tvh.dlf.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sun, 10 Dec 2000 12:12:37 +0100, Rob Verweij wrote:

>Here's my fiirst bamboo-texture test. Any comments/suggestions?

That looks great, now all you need is a bamboo shape to go
with it.  You might find some good bamboo objects in one of
the scene files groups, thir textures are never any good but
the sapes are.

It'd be good if you could put your texture in a macro that
recognises the length of an object so that it scales correctly
for bamboo poles of different lengths.

The only reservation I'd have about using such a texture is
that at a distance you probably won't see any of that intricate
detail, but you'd suffer the render time that'd go with it.

Keep us posted.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:01pm  up 60 days, 14:25,  3 users,  load average: 1.18, 1.16, 1.06