POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GlowString.jpg (26Kbu) : Re: GlowString.jpg (26Kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GlowString.jpg (26Kbu)
From: Steve
Date: 4 Dec 2000 16:32:41
Message: <slrn92o37o.gst.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:37:41 -0000, Andy Cocker wrote:

>Actually, somebody posted some code a while ago that reads in a bitmap
>image, and rebuilds that image as an array of objects, each taking their
>colour from the bitmap (I forget what the technique is called). I wonder if
>this could be applied to an array of glows.. It would look fantastic if a
>sequence of images were used as a source... like those huge video
>billboards!

You've got me thinking now: Can of Coke, Pretty girls face, A company logo,
Something in Chinese then back to the Coke again.

Of course the streets would have to be wet with rain, and I could use
my trafficlights macro, and have traffic going past etc.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  8:34pm  up 54 days, 22:59,  2 users,  load average: 1.25, 1.15, 1.10