POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is this a bug or is it me? : Re: Is this a bug or is it me? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug or is it me?
From: Steve
Date: 4 Dec 2000 00:03:25
Message: <slrn92m9bk.erj.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sun, 3 Dec 2000 22:58:18 -0600, Doug Moses wrote:
>Thanks for the quick response. I changed the code as you suggested and it
>works great. The only thing is it is now just a granite plane. I was trying
>to get a distant starfield image. I guess this is not the technique to use
>for this effect. I also found out that the -5000 and 5000 numbers were the
>key to this strange effect. When these numbers are low it is a uniform
>pattern. When they are large this is when you get the distinct boundary
>changes. I guess it is too far for the formula to work correctly.

Chris Colefax has a galaxy include file/macro that you can use:

 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  4:58am  up 54 days,  7:22,  2 users,  load average: 1.13, 1.03, 1.01