POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Runing POV-Ray : Re: Runing POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Runing POV-Ray
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 18 Nov 2000 18:02:34
Message: <slrn91dv04.qkc.hjp-usenet@teal.h.hjp.at>
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:26:01 -0800, David wrote:
>OK, well, hmm...I think perhaps there's something in all that that I can
>understand. I'll try doing some of that stuff with the $PATH, but what even
>does it do? Remember, I've been using Linux for three days.

You don't have to do anything with the PATH unless you install povray in
a non-standard place. But you will have to get used to typing commands
instead of clicking on icons (Not that you can't do much with with a
gui, but the commandline is the natural and most efficient interface to
a Unix system). Others have already posted how to invoke povray from a
terminal window.

I suggest you get a good indroductory book to Linux (O'Reilly's
nutshell-books are generally quite good, so I guess "Linux in a
Nutshell" is, too).

I guess I could write a short tutorial on how to use povray with
makefiles, if there isn't one already.

	hp

--

__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |