POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Hackers... (Howto "not being hacked with povray") : Re: Hackers... (Howto "not being hacked with povray") Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hackers... (Howto "not being hacked with povray")
From: Ron Parker
Date: 17 Nov 2000 10:42:10
Message: <slrn91akej.9e7.ron.parker@fwi.com>
On 17 Nov 2000 10:37:03 -0500, Warp wrote:
>Ron Parker <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
>: Or simply modifying the povray source code to exit with an error after
>: 1 million iterations of the same loop.
>
>  Yes, that would be certainly easier :)
>
>  However, you have to take into account nested loops (think about 10 nested
>loops, each one of them looping 1 million times).

And of course we can extend that arbitrarily.  What about one million loops,
each executing one million times?  What about one million jobs with one
million loops each executing one million times?  What about isosurface and
antialiasing and media parameters that ensure 0pps for an entire image?

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.