POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playtime's over: (74k) : Re: Playtime's over: (74k) Server Time
20 Aug 2024 04:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playtime's over: (74k)
From: Steve
Date: 7 Oct 2000 12:10:31
Message: <slrn8tugqq.r4t.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 23:58:22 -0400, Jim Kress wrote:

>The lattice could also use a finish and some depth.  Is it metal or wood?

The lattice is simply texture{T_Wood3 scale <1,2,1>}, and yes it needs
to be a bit more lively.

I've attached another render, done with aa0.3, no radiosity and no
area lights, I've also put in a point light to bring out the surface
of the isosurface, the spotlight that was on the iso has been removed,
no textures have been tweaked in any way.

And just for Bob I've restored the media in the glass to the way it
was back in August in version 1.8 but one thing that I've remembered is
that I was using standard POV back then and only started using Mega
very close to the end of the development of the scene because I wanted
an isosurface in there, also when I perfected the media the surroundings
were all very plane, just a MidnightBlue background and a Gold box for
the ground, but you may be able to see a difference, don't know if I
can or not.

This render only took 20mins 39secs. 85% compression used with
cjpeg for the conversion.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dogchase02.jpg' (20 KB)