POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playtime's over: (74k) : Re: Playtime's over: (74k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playtime's over: (74k)
From: Steve
Date: 6 Oct 2000 19:39:15
Message: <slrn8tsoj2.pvb.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:38:03 -0500, Bob Hughes wrote:

>Comment: the clear plastic dome needs some imperfection, scuffing.  Perhaps
>also on the other external parts too.  Those pacifiers are superb, far as I
>know.

Thanks Bob, actually I remember spending two days on that media inside the
glass (not inside the dome, but inside the glass), I think that the
adaptive aa and the higher max trace level that I needed to get rid of
some other problems have made my scrachy and dusty glass go clean,
from the change log:
 ----------------------------
revision 1.8
date: 2000/08/03 17:21:41;  author: sjlen;  state: Exp;  lines: +28 -18
Put media in the GlassDome.  (this took all day)
 ----------------------------

And you're right about the other plastic part, they do need ruffing
up some.

Creating the dummies was fun, I'd never used negative strength blob
components before, I'm thinking of making a telephone ( a 70s/80s type),
using blobs possibly for my next project.

Thanks for the coments.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:00am  up 8 days,  2:20,  2 users,  load average: 2.07, 1.52, 1.29