POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playtime's over: (74k) : Re: Playtime's over: (74k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 22:09:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playtime's over: (74k)
From: Steve
Date: 6 Oct 2000 19:39:13
Message: <slrn8tsno1.pvb.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:36:56 -0400, Jim Kress wrote:
>Nice post!
>
>Is the wood at the bottom of the wall supposed to look so flat?  It's kind
>of a glaring discrepancy when compared to the other objects in the scene.
>Indeed, the texture of the entire wall object appears to be inconsistent
>with all the other objects in the scene.

The wood surrounding thlatice work needs its texture rotating, and also
needs a finish, I only remembered the finish when halfway through the
render.

>I'd suggest adding more 3D and shine to the wall and associated objects.

The wall is actually very 3D and tactile, but the area lights have totally
flattened it.  I had to put that spotlight in the back there te get some
visible relief, but as you say it doesn't cover the whole wall.

Thanks for the comments, it's always good to get the input of another
pover.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 12:00am  up 8 days,  2:20,  2 users,  load average: 2.07, 1.52, 1.29